Cloud Platform Release v20.1.1
Posted on January 25, 2020
To close out January, we have released a few more updates in our effort of continuous improvement but to also complete one of the big items we’ve been working on for a number of weeks which we know you will appreciate! Here are the details:
- Enhanced 2FA: It’s finally here! After many weeks of hard work by our team, we’re pleased to announce that we have released a significant enhancement to our 2FA. Previously, 2FA supported sending a temporarily 6-digit code vial email or SMS. With today’s update, we now support integrating with your DUO company account as well as support for most TOTP (time-based one time password) apps. Apps we’ve tested include Google Authenticator, DUO’s TOTP functionality, FortiToken Mobile, Authy and LastPass Authenticator. In theory, this should work with any TOTP based app, so give your favorite one a try and top using SMS! You can read more on implementation in our 2FA KB article.
- Custom HTTP header manipulation: We added functionality to insert or remove specific HTTP headers from responses where supported, such as on HTTP and SSL public ports. You can find these options in the public facing port options and can choose from an initial release of 9 items such as removing the Server or X-Powered-By header to adding Strict-Transport-Security or X-Frame-Options. This new functionality is primarily designed around helping you increase the security of your applications.
- Content Cache Groups: We upgraded content caching to now give you the ability to create more than one content cache group and assign more than one to a config/pack. This, in addition to allowing you to specify FQDNs for each cache group, gives you very granular control over exactly what content is cached, for how long, with what headers and a whole lot more.
- TSIG for Secondary DNS: We released a beta version of TSIG support for secondary domains. Now, when creating (or later editing) a secondary domain (that is, one where your existing server or another provider is the authority/primary) you can specify the Key Name, Signing Algorithm and Secret that will be used when making the AXFR/IXFR request and validating the data received. NOTE: There is a small bug that we are currently working through that is preventing it from working with one DNS software vendor. We hope to have this remedied in a future release.
- Video Tutorials: To make it easy to get started or to revisit certain functionality, we added links to our video tutorials. These have always been on our website and our Youtube channel, but putting them on the main dashboard just makes things even easier.
- Server/Device Naming: You may have noticed that we’ve been slowly changing the name of “servers” to “devices” in the networking section (Load Balancing, WAF etc.). This makes more sense because we support a lot more than just servers. Nummerous customers use our platform to route traffic to other devices and this clears it up (hopefully).
Please send us your feedback! As we continue to evolve our solution to be the leading ADC-as-a-Service platform, we want to know what you think. Tell us the good and the bad. Let us know what features you think we should have and which ones are a waste of time, buggy, or don’t make sense. The more feedback you give us, the better our product becomes because we really do listen! Please contact us! We love hearing from our customers.