Cloud Platform Release v20.8.0
Posted on August 29, 2020
Our August release is packed with new features and functionality as well as the usual array of minor bug fixes. The complete list of changes included are detailed below.
- Back-end Updating: Further to our release last month, we have updated the UI to display an improved updating progress bar. Now, when changes are made via the panel or API, the progress bar more accurately reflects the changes that are pending and the speed they are being deployed across our global infrastructure.
- ADCaaS Statistics: We resolved a bug where statistics on for the ADCaaS/Load Balancer would occasionally show negative numbers for total bandwidth utilization. This was the result of our delta calculation method which has now been rewritten.
- Device Usage: We added a new sub-tab within the device modal to display exactly where the device is being used. That is, which packs/configs it is currently attached to. This provides additional visual guidance especially when taking a device out of service.
- Company Password Management: We added another setting to control company-wide password management. Admins now have the ability to configure the minimum password length for the users within their organization.
- SSL Certificate Uploading: We released an upgrade to how SSL certificates and Keys are uploaded to our back-end storage systems. This was designed primarily with reliability in mind, but it has also improved upload and distribution speed considerably as well.
- SSL Certificate Attaching: We improved the UI for how SSL certificates are attached to packs/configs. This makes the most significant impact for customers with over 100 SSL certs. Now instead of a multi-select box, we have a small table that you can select SSL certificates from that is both pageable and searchable.
- Connections tab: We resolved a bug where some of the countries and their respective image/flags would not show for some unknown IP addresses.
- DNS CNAME: We resolved a regression in DNS CNAME records where it would allow a * (wildcard) entry by accident. RFC prohibits this, so we can’t get around that.
- Reseller tab: We are working diligently to allow resellers to manage all aspects of their configuration from their logo, company information and (soon) subscriptions and invoicing. This release deployed a number of changes that we’ve been baking for a while for our reseller beta testers to enjoy.
That’s it for this update. Please send us your feedback! As we continue to evolve our solution to be the leading ADC-as-a-Service platform, we want to know what you think. Tell us the good and the bad. Let us know what features you think we should have and which ones are a waste of time, buggy, or don’t make sense. The more feedback you give us, the better our product becomes because we really do listen! Please contact us! We love hearing from our customers.