Cloud Platform Release v20.10.0
Posted on October 17, 2020
In this release we addressed a number of pesky bugs and made a number of back-end improvements to ensure reliability. Below is a list of some of the more significant changes.
- Force Zone Transfer Button: Inside of secondary zones is a button to “Force Zone Transfer” that has been there for a number of years. In the past this button would only do an incremental zone transfer (IXFR) which doesn’t always work with all name servers. We made some significant back-end updates to now allow fall-back to a full zone transfer (AXFR). This has been a long awaited feature, and we’re glad that it is finally here!
- API Logging: Occasionally a customer-invoked API call creates an error that cannot be fully disclosed for security reasons. We enhanced this error detail into our back-end central logging platform so support staff can access it when needed to assist with customer troubleshooting. Additionally, we enhanced the detail for a number of API errors to better assist customers with understanding the root cause of an error.
- Load Balancing Persistence Cookies: We added functionality to allow you to specify the cookie name when choosing the Cookie Insert method for Load Balancing. This should help mitigate some concern when end-users see a cookie in a delivered application that has an unrecognizable name.
- DNS CNAME Validation: We further improved CNAME validation to ensure that the data entered via the UI or API is RFC compliant. This release includes two small changes to assist with data quality generally related to entries that are very, very long or those that contain a leading or trailing space as a result of a copy/paste.
- Duplicate Table Bug: We resolved a bug that would very rarely show two tables when a DNS Zone was expanded. We saw it once during some aggressive testing and squashed it immediately!
- Company Drop-Down Load Time: For larger resellers with hundreds of sub-companies, the company drop-down in a few locations would take several seconds to load, which could cause issues while waiting. So we improved this significantly.
That’s it for this update. Please send us your feedback! As we continue to evolve our solution to be the leading ADC-as-a-Service platform, we want to know what you think. Tell us the good and the bad. Let us know what features you think we should have and which ones are a waste of time, buggy, or don’t make sense. The more feedback you give us, the better our product becomes because we really do listen! Please contact us! We love hearing from our customers.