Senior Network Engineer
Posted on May 2, 2019
Sr. Network Engineer
Total Uptime’s expanding global network needs a bright and talented engineer to take the lead. We’re growing quickly and need your help to commission new routers, switches, firewalls and IP Transit circuits, troubleshoot LACP bundles, improve BGP Routing, mitigate DDoS attacks, work with customers and much more. If you enjoy working from home, love routing and switching and enjoy travelling around the world in about 200ms, this job might be for you!
Candidates must have data center or ISP experience designing complex network solutions based on current solution architecture principles and working with other engineers to get things done. There is not one specific project associated with this position; It is a very collaborative, team-oriented environment, working with other high level engineers to design, develop, implement and manage our global platform.
The Candidate Must Have:
- 5+ years of experience administering multiple routers in a data center or ISP (preferably multiple POPs on the same AS of at least 100 Gbps)
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, ACLs, VPN, firewalling etc.
- Expertise with production router software upgrades and graceful migrations
- Comprehensive experience with practical Internet routing using BGP (eBGP, iBGP) and OSPF
- In-depth understanding of LAN technologies and topologies, including VLANs, 802.1Q, 802.3ad, and LACP
- Experience with network security including Firewalls, VPNs, IPS and DDoS mitigation
You will be responsible for:
- Being the point-person for our global network of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Interfacing with upstream network and backbone providers for provisioning and troubleshooting
- Managing peering relationships and BGP sessions while ensuring perfect Anycast balance across a global network of POPs
We’ll pay extra attention to your application if you have:
- Extensive experience with enterprise-grade layer 7 load balancing appliances
- Experience with *nix or any shell scripting experience
- Working knowledge of logical network services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Prior experience with the Juniper MX series of routers
- Experience with JUNOS, and a JNCIA-Junos or higher certification
- Experience with network tools like Wireshark, netflow/jflow, IPAM, RANCID, TACACS+
- Work from home! That’s right. No commuting or wearing ties!
- Work with other team members who truly love their job. Seriously!
- 50% reimbursement of monthly healthcare premium (with ceiling)
- Occasional travel to fun cities around the world (not often, but it could happen)
If you have read the above and this looks like a perfect opportunity for you, then you need to get in touch with us! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position. If your resume is selected as one of our final candidates, we will contact you for a preliminary interview within a few days.