Cloud Platform Release v20.2.0
Posted on February 25, 2020
It’s been a cold February so we’ve been confined indoors and stuck on our computers working hard to bring new features and functionality to our platform. To close out February, we have released a few things you’ve been asking for. Here are the details:
- Canvas vs. Table: Networking customers (Load Balancer, WAF etc.) may have noticed a new toggle appear in the configuration builder called TABLE/CANVAS. The table is our legacy layout for managing the load balancer, adding servers, failover groups, ports etc. The Canvas is our new design which is structured to accomplish two things. 1) Bring everything to a single page for management (what we call the canvas), and 2) to demonstrate traffic flow more clearly. One of the concerns we’ve heard over the years is “how do I know where the traffic is going”, and the canvas now demonstrates that with the different colored dashed and solid lines. We hope you like it!
- Back-end Device SSL SNI: We added functionality to allow you to enable SNI and specify the Common Name for back-end servers. Enabling this isn’t often required, but if your device has a SSL certificate attached with SNI only, this may resolve SSL handshake errors.
- Device Accordion: We fixed a weird little bug where the accordion/panel of devices on the left side of the configuration builder would close randomly, mostly when making specific updates.
- HTTP Compression Policy: We made a minor UI change to make it easier to view long expressions when binding HTTP Compression Policies.
- Maintenance Notification Suppression: We corrected a bug in the maintenance notification suppression table that was preventing times from working correctly. Now when you create an entry to prevent email or SMS messages from being sent during a specific time period, it will work. We promise!
That’s it for this update. Please send us your feedback! As we continue to evolve our solution to be the leading ADC-as-a-Service platform, we want to know what you think. Tell us the good and the bad. Let us know what features you think we should have and which ones are a waste of time, buggy, or don’t make sense. The more feedback you give us, the better our product becomes because we really do listen! Please contact us! We love hearing from our customers.