Cloud Platform Release v21.9.0
Posted on September 12, 2021
Our team spent the summer working on a number of significant improvements to our cloud platform to make it more intuitive and easier to use every day. Below is a summary of what we released today.
- DNSSEC: We’ve further automated DNSSEC signing. You can easily choose the DNSSEC parameters for your zone, and within a few minutes the platform will sign the zone and generate the DS record automatically. Previously this was a batch process that would email the details several times a day.
- DNS AlsoNotify: We increased the limit from 255 to 1000 characters for the DNS AlsoNotify section. The 255 limit restricted the number of IPs that could be added there, and customers with a lot of secondary DNS servers found the limit to be problematic.
- DNS Failover on Suspended Domains: Previously, when a suspended domain was configured to use DNS Failover pools, a failover would still attempt to update the zone, causing a UI error (since the domain was suspended). We resolved this. Now, if a zone is suspended, DNS Failover updates for it are ignored.
- DNS SRV Record Validation: We improved the UI validation for SRV records to prevent incorrect entries. Better UI feedback ensures records are created properly the first time, minimizing support.
- Deleting Domains: On a regular basis, customers would accidentally delete an entire domain. We improved the delete dialog feedback to ensure customers understand that the delete button they clicked will delete the entire domain. Hopefully this prevents panic situations in the future : )
- SSL Cert and Key Deployments: We continue to improve the performance of the SSL Certificate and Key deployments across the platform to address the continued growth of our platform and addition of customers who utilize thousands of certificate/key pairs. This release includes an adjustment to enhance multithreading.
- HTTP DDoS Policy UI Bug We corrected a small bug in the UI where adding a new policy creates two confirmation dialogs, which was slightly confusing.
- Status Verification: We corrected a bug in a back-end service that validates the status of ports in the Networking Section. This will now verify port status when it is in a polling state more quickly.
- Realtime Notifications: We resolved a bug in a back-end process that would occasionally cause real time notifications in the UI to stall. Ensuring that the status icons of DNS and Networking devices update quickly without a page refresh is important, and this fix addresses that.
- CNAME Validation: We were overzealous in a prior code release when we updated some UI validation for CNAME destination values. We’ve now relaxed this a bit and have resolved a new bug that resulted, preventing the use of short single letter destination domains.
- API User 2FA: We improved how 2FA is handled for API User Accounts. A bug would occasionally challenge the API user, and this has now been resolved.
- SSL_PROXY Error: Occasionally the UI in the Networking Section would show a bizarre “Not Assigned” error for the SSL_PROXY port. This only applied to customers who have used it for a long time. We found the bug that caused this and squashed it.
- RP DNS Record: We corrected a small bug in the RP DNS record. It’s not a record that gets used often, so we’re embarrassed it has existed so long. But thanks to our customers for spotting it and alerting us!
Please send us your feedback! As we continue to evolve our solution to be the leading ADC-as-a-Service platform, we want to know what you think. Tell us the good and the bad. Let us know what features you think we should have and which ones are a waste of time, buggy, or don’t make sense. The more feedback you give us, the better our product becomes because we really do listen! Please contact us! We love hearing from our customers.