Return to the News Room


Version 3.2 of our Cloud Platform released



Version 3.2 of our Cloud Platform was released today. It has been many months since we've released a number of changes, but these are significant and not only include a list of bugs but a number of new features as well.

Here is a list of the most significant updates you’ll see:

  • SOA RECORD: When creating a domain, the MIN TTL value was used both for the SOA record TTL and for the Minimum TTL. These are now separate fields.
  • SOA RECORD: The correct format for an email address in an SOA record is to replace the @ symbol with a dot. This is now enforced.
  • SOA RECORD: Previously it was not possible to edit the Responsible Email value after a new domain had been created. A field has been added to the SOA record to allow editing.
  • ‘A’ AND ‘AAAA’ RECORDS: When creating an A or AAAA record, users often copy and paste an IP address into the field with a trailing space (unbeknownst to them, usually). This would prevent the record from saving properly on the back-end, but without any indication in the GUI. This is now detected and corrected.
  • PASSWORDS: Customers who created a password with the British Pound sign (£) in it could not log in. This has been resolved.
  • TXT RECORDS: Creating TXT records with the same hostname but different text would not work in certain instances. This has been resolved.
  • WEB REDIRECT: It was previously not possible to create a web redirect using the Apex of the domain (@ symbol). This functionality has now been added.
  • WEB REDIRECT: It was previously possible to create a wildcard web redirect. This is not supported and should not have been an option in the GUI. It has been removed.
  • WEB REDIRECT: It was possible to create a web redirect record without putting http:// or https://in front of the URL. Validation has been added to require this now.
  • WEB REDIRECT: A new option has been added to allow the original path to be carried over to the redirected URL. For example, if you used www.test.com/directory to redirect to http://test.com, the trailing path (/directory in this example) would be removed. This can now be carried across if desired and supports full query strings as well.
  • FAILOVER POOLS: When editing a failover pool entry, it was possible to use the right or left arrow to move to another pool entry, however this did not save the record prior to moving. We have removed the arrows since they were counterintuitive.
  • FAILOVER POOLS: Previously a failover monitor could trigger a failover if only one of our datacenters detected an outage. We have removed that option and the minimum number that we support is now 2. This significantly increases monitoring accuracy and reliability.
  • FAILOVER POOLS: Occasionally when adding an A record and assigning a failover pool immediately vs. changing an existing A record to use a failover pool, an error would pop-up. This has been corrected.
  • FAILOVER AND ‘A’ RECORDS: Previously, if you changed an A record from having a statically assigned IP address to one provided by a failover pool, it would leave the TTL at the existing setting, which may be too high. It now dynamically changes it to 60 seconds which can still be adjusted up if desired.
  • TIME: The “last modified” date shown in the domain table was in a different time zone than the same shown in the records themselves. These have been synchronized to Eastern Time.
  • MONITORS: When checking the “secure” checkbox in an HTTP monitor, the port did not automatically change from 80 to 443, causing increased support inquiries. This has been resolved.
  • MONITORS: We now support a custom header in the monitors, allowing the monitor to attach a host header to the IP address when performing an HTTP test.
  • MONITORS: It was possible to delete a monitor that was assigned to a failover pool or failover pool entry. This is no longer possible to ensure monitoring (and database) integrity.
  • MONITORS: If a failover pool was in use and a pool entry IP was deleted, the next entry would be automatically used for the corresponding A record(s), but the old one would also remain active despite being deleted. This has been remedied.
  • GEO DNS: When assigning a GEO POOL to the apex of a domain, it would occasionally not work. This has been remedied.
  • BACK-END: We added new functionality on the back-end that pushes DNS changes out across our global network faster.

 


Return to the News Room