If you want to replicate one of your primary domains here at Total Uptime to another DNS server or provider, here are the steps you need to take:
- First you must create a ZONE TRANSFER POOL. This can be done by going to the ZONE TRANSFERS tab under the main CLOUD DNS tab.
- Within that tab, click to add a new Zone Transfer Pool. Assign it any name you wish. Then add ENTRIES to the pool consisting of the IP addresses or address ranges for the servers that will be making the request. For a range you can end a starting and ending IP, or for a single IP you could just enter the starting IP and choose /31 from the drop-down list.
- Now that you have created a zone transfer pool, you need to assign this to one or more domains before it can be used. Go to the DOMAINS tab to find the domain you want to add this to. Click on the domain once to highlight it in blue, and then click the EDIT button in the tool bar above. In the dialog window that pops up, you will now be able to select the Zone Transfer pool you just created. Choose it and hit save.
- Give the network about 1 minute to update globally, and your transfer should now succeed!
- Create your secondary zone at the other DNS server or provider and have it point at/transfer from the IP addresses we’ve given you for this purpose. If you do not know the IP addresses, please contact support. These are different from our name servers.
If you run into issues and simply can’t get it to work, you may wish to read our article How Can I test if Zone Transfers are configured properly for a simple test you can complete from your Windows PC.